Welcome back Mommyheroes!
I am so in love with essential oils. Where have you been all my life?! No, seriously! ESSENTIAL OILS ARE LIFE. Drop your coconut oil and pick up some essential oils. I jumped on the essential oil bandwagon about a year ago and let me tell you – essential oils are a total GAME CHANGER!! My oldest son has “asthma” and I was over all of the medication his doctor had prescribed him. I HATE MEDICINE – but that’s another blog! I feel as if there are countless of natural, holistic remedies to try before you get TRAPPED into taking prescription drugs. As a mother, I believed there were other NATURAL options and I researched until I found the best option for us. The BEST option was and still is, essential oils. I want to share with you some of my favorite essential oils and how they have worked for my family.
- Lavender – Mommies! You NEED this in YO life. It calms like no other! Place a few drops of lavender essential oil in your bath and OMG what do you have? One CALM Mama. You can also diffuse lavender essential oils for one CALM baby!! You can’t go wrong with lavender! Lavender essential oil also uplifts and relaxes! Winner winner chicken dinner!
- Peppermint – Peppermint oil is a natural soother and painkiller! This amazing essential oil also revitalizes the mind and the body! When diffused, peppermint oil can even unclog stuffy noses and soothe sore throats. Yay for peppermint oil.
- Tea Tree – This natural antiseptic would have to be my second favorite oil. Tea tree essential oil is an antibacterial and antiviral. At the first sign of ANY viral sickness in my household, tea tree oil is my FIRST go to “medicine”. This miracle working oil is great for boosting immune systems and it provides relief from coughs, colds, and congestion!
- Eucalyptus – I love this essential oil and all of its anti- inflammatory goodness. If your child has asthma, diffusing eucalyptus oil is AMAZING in reducing “flare-ups” as well as calming down the airways! A little goes a long way so PLEASE only use a few drops when diffusing.
- Lemongrass – HELLO favorite!! Lemongrass is a HOLY GRAIL in our household. This invigorating oil is a mood changer, literally! If you’re feeling down or unmotivated, this oil will help you snap out of it. It’s so energizing! It helps soothe headaches and it’s even known to stimulate the production of milk for breastfeeding mothers. You see why it’s my favorite!?
- Orange – This essential oil is my positivity potion! It’s just so darn delightful. I love mixing a few drops of orange essential oil and distilled water in a spray bottle – say hello to DIY Air Freshener! How can you be mad when you smell oranges? Seriously, try it. The next time you’re mad or sad, try diffusing orange essential oil! You’ll be happy in the next moment!
- Frankincense – Here’s ANOTHER essential oil that aids in relaxation. This oil helps reduce stress and anxiety! Totally made for moms, right?! It’s just so freaking peaceful! I call it my Mommy Magic! It’s BOMB!
I hope this beginners guide will prompt you to jump on the essential oil bandwagon. The benefits of essential oils are countless! Do you own research and do what’s best for your family Just try it for the culture! LOL!! 🙂 Need a great essential oil diffuser and amazing essential oils? Click here.
Until next time…
Love you Mommyhero!
Always remember, you are strong. You are great and you can do anything.
**Please consult with your doctor before using essential oils.
**This post contains affiliate links.